Monday, January 6, 2014

Day Six



  January 6th     



"Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from His love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.” Philippians 2:1-2 NIV
Years ago, during my long season of spiritual seeking, I stopped attending worship services.  One Sunday I realized I was sitting near a lady from the gym who, in some way, offended me.  Negative things about church rang in my head.  Church people are hypocrites.  Some were silently judging me or criticizing my clothes.  Who needs church anyway?  I felt I could worship God just as easily alone, out in nature!
What I didn’t realize at the time was that I, too, was judging.  How many times to we hear church is “not a country club for saints but a hospital for sinners?”  We go to worship to adore and pay respect to He Who made us and loves us beyond even how we love our children.  God does not need us to worship Him. We worship to give Him thanks and praise.
Each week we are called to a splendid family reunion.  In this reunion we are refreshed and renewed.  We are growing in our spirit and uplifting others.  How much greater this is that even being called to a banquet by a beloved grandmother or someone we admire? How could we resist?
Pray for grace to worship with others. Ask God to help you find joy and understanding in worship services.   



No comments:

Post a Comment